Monday, January 03, 2005

Razzle-Dazzle Them

I know I'm behind, but I can't fail to mention the passing of Jerry Orbach.

The subtle craft he used to bring Lenny Briscoe to life over years of hints in Law and Order was genius. "Try to Remember" may be the first Broadway song I learned on my own. I've developed a serious need to hear the original Broadway cast recording of Chicago just to hear how he stacks up to Richard Gere or Robert Urich.

But mostly, he was kind enough to show up in a dream I once had. Singing as part of a four-part harmony group in my bathroom. It's the only part of the dream I remember, and I have no idea what it means. So there's a karmic bond thing.

Blue moon
you saw me standing alone
without a dream in my heart
without a love of my own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home