Friday, December 31, 2004

Friends and relations send salutations

A belated Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Blessed Solstice, and Powerful Voodoo Day to one and all. At least I'm still on time to wish you a very happy new year. 

A quick fill-in: yes, the snow was a pain in the rear. It was that wet, icy, heavy, evil stuff I remember from DC, not the powdery, picturesque, genial, Lake Wobegon stuff we're supposed to get in the Midwest. I missed my flight due to detours around downed power lines, but the folks at Southwest managed to get me on the next one. 

There was a woman on a cell phone talking about her mother's health problems. She was very upset, and I didn't say anything because I didn't know what to say. I wish I'd offered her some small kindness. Ma'am, whoever, wherever you are, I'm sorry. 

On a happier note, I actually did Christmas shopping in the airport. (Columbus has a Bath and Body Works in the terminal, and my sister-in-law likes their Holiday Noel fragrance.) This goes right next to the year I got on TV for doing all my shopping on Christmas Eve.

1 Comments:

Blogger lemming said...

Happy New Year to you and the Beautiful One.

6:03 PM, December 31, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home