Monday, October 25, 2004

Playing the part of Joe tonight will be...

Hugh over at Three Bed Two Bath has a great meme which I'll try spreading:

Who would I pick to characterize my voice in a Ken Burns documentary?

The interesting part of this question is that the person doesn't necessarily have to resemble you in any way. They don't particularly have to be great actors (although I think most of us will pick at least good actors). They just have a vocal style well matched to your writing.

So, I'll take a bite:

I'd absolutely love to get: Andre Braugher.
I'd be thrilled with: Anthony Hopkins (that's Hearts in Atlantis and Remains of the Day and The Lion in Winter Hopkins... hopefully he won't have much call for the Hannibal Lecter voice).
I actually think Josh Molina might do the best job, based on my writing.

I'm kind of afraid that, for Ken Burns' Libraries, he'll get:
Steve Buscemi.

(This is not a slight against the greatly talented actor who was the only good thing about the movie Armageddon. I'm just saying... aw, hell, he understands.)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Joe!

That feels so much better.

Regards,
tommyspoon

P.S. Psst! Need a rosary?

2:32 PM, October 25, 2004  
Blogger Joe said...

No problem. Although, you know, it's not hard to set up a bogus Blogger account either, just for comment purposes. (And everyone needs one more rassen-frassen password to remember...)

Sent to me or said for me? *g*

2:38 PM, October 25, 2004  
Blogger lemming said...

Other than e-mail, I've never read any of your prose, so this is an uninformed comment - but isn't that what blogs are for? ;-) Andre B. is amazing, but for you i'd pick another LIW cast member, Timothy Dalton. He's better at the wry turn of phrase and accenting the clever words.

3:02 PM, October 25, 2004  
Blogger TeacherRefPoet said...

Spoon,

Joe's right...I got my Blogger account just to post on Joe's account...but now I have a blog.

I am COMPLETELY stumped on who should read my work. Don't even know how to decide.

8:47 PM, October 25, 2004  
Blogger Joe said...

Lemming:

How did you know to pick the person who would be my favorite Bond if they let him make more than 2 movies? (For the record, the list is Brosnan, Dalton, Connery, Moore, and I don't think I've ever seen the Lazenby movie.)

TRP:

Try dramatic readings of your blog and email while doing impressions of various actors. You might stumble across something. But mostly, I'm interested in what Swankette throws at you to make you stop.

1:30 PM, October 27, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home