Friday, September 10, 2004

What the blank do I need with 4 email accounts?

Yes, four email accounts. One is my work account, and I've been pretty good about keeping it for people who personally know me and professional business (including professional listservs). My Yahoo! account is my "backup" personal account. When my various web registrations began to choke it with spam, I opened a Hotmail account. That's now my "junk-catcher" address.

And I just opened a GMail account. Just because it's cool.

Now, this gives me something like 1.21 gigabytes of email storage. There's exactly zero chance that I need that much room, but I know full well that I'm going to use it. Just in case I want to know what this week's L.L. Bean specials were this week 3 years from now.

And here begins the process of reorganizing my email, kind of like George Carlin's "Stuff" routine. I really don't read this listserv at work that much, let's put it on Yahoo. Let's transfer this membership from Yahoo to Hotmail. Let's just feed some random stuff t oGoogle and see what kind of ads I get.

Which is a lot of work, considering that there's only about a total of 15 emails in all 4 accounts I'd really miss if I just picked "Select All" and "Delete."

So... I've got 6 GMail invites. Want one?

2 Comments:

Blogger lemming said...

Proof that library folks are much more important than us mere teachers, as I have yet to get any gmail offers! :-)

10:17 AM, September 11, 2004  
Blogger Swankette said...

Hey - I'll take one of those gmail offers if they still stand. Thinking of cancelling the paid account once the sweetie and I start cohabitating.

5:44 PM, September 11, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home