Friday, October 22, 2004

And so it's your birthday, and what have you done?

Well, there’s another year down. 34 feels pretty much like 33 did. I suppose any day that starts with the Red Sox beating the Yanks, and ends with the Cardinals making it to the Series can’t be all bad. And heck, while I failed to actually take the day off, I did go in with a very short to-do list and the attitude that everything else could freaking wait till tomorrow. If you have the option, I highly recommend trying this out – it’s both liberating and oddly productive.

I think, in the interest of not getting melodramatic, my feelings about birthdays are best summed up on Bill Shatner’s new album (that’s an iTunes link there). I’m so freaking happy that album’s out; it’ll be my next iTunes purchase.

And as long as we’re laughing our asses off, I’m clearing out my “list of things to blognugget”:

Funny (but there’s a good chance you’ve already seen the story about how to counter subway preachers.)

Funnier (for those who like cats and politics, and don’t miss this link either, pulled from the comments.)

The single funniest post I've seen on the web in a while (not completely work-safe… partly because of some American Pie-type humor and partly because of the high likelihood you’ll laugh so hard your co-workers will wonder what’s wrong…)

2 Comments:

Blogger TeacherRefPoet said...

Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday, dear Joe. Happy birthday to you.

I've been 34 for nearly 6 months. It's a strange age. I like the prime numbers better. And we are now unequivocally in our mid-thirties.

I only got through 2 paragraphs of the penis post. (The perilous penis post. The perilous penis pulling post.) My penis, named "that one," has too much empathy to continue reading. (Yeah, I know...my -penis- doesn't read...but you know the idea.)

--TRP

7:34 PM, October 22, 2004  
Blogger lemming said...

Happy (belated) Birthday to you, my favorite ref lib. I'd much rather sing to you than the cat, but now it is too late. (Marks calendar for next year.)

11:17 AM, October 23, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home