Sunday, September 24, 2006

Root root root for the home team!

The Columbus Clippers have become the Triple-A affiliate of the Washington Nationals!

Sure, there's some chatter that this may not be a long-term relationship. That's OK. Considering I thought I'd never even see baseball in DC, I think it's awfully nice of them to give me a couple of years to meet the kids in the minors.

There's a pretty good argument to be made that minor league ball is just as good as the majors. Sure, the quality of play isn't as high, but you can afford to sit closer and see more games. Besides, rookie mistakes are fun to score. They could upgrade the food and beer options at Cooper Stadium, but then, they could stand to bring the premium items up to the 400 level at PNC Park too.

How strange that I can get excited about the minor league team of a franchise I've seen once in a city I moved away from five years ago. But here it is, at the end of a cool, wet summer full of traveling and stress and change, and I'm thinking of walking out to the bleachers and sitting in shirtsleeves on a perfect afternoon. People will most definitely come.

2 Comments:

Blogger TeacherRefPoet said...

Cool! I'll be happy to join you.

Will they keep the Clipper/Yankee stuff up in the concourse? My vote is for yes.

5:01 PM, September 24, 2006  
Blogger Joe said...

I'd like to think they'll keep the old memorabilia, but I bet the rights to use it left town with the Yanks.

8:05 AM, September 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home