Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Give me a ticket for an airplane

So I'm going back to DC today to watch the ACC Men's Basketball tournament. (Eat 'em up! Eat 'em up! Let's go Terps!) And I figured I'd print out my boarding pass before going to bed.

Except for my friends at Southwest won't let me check in online. Oh well. No surprise there. Nuts.

Better just check my itinerary one more time. One of my coworkers already gave me crap last week about checking my flight time, so I better make sure I've got it down right.

Yup. Leaving Cleveland at 1... wait.

I don't live near Cleveland.

I live near Columbus. (OK, I live less-far from Columbus.)

Oh, no, not again.

Here's the good news - Southwest doesn't have a fee for changing your flight, and it's real easy to get an operator at 1 in the morning. So, only slightly less frugally than originally planned, I'm back on schedule. Let's hear it for SWA. A little nicer, and a lot cheaper, than America West. Not that this is knowledge I wanted to have.

I have got to start using a travel agent.

7 Comments:

Blogger tommyspoon said...

I'd love to see you whilst you're in town! Gimme a call!

6:41 AM, March 08, 2006  
Blogger Hugh said...

"Whilst"? "WHILST"?

8:12 AM, March 08, 2006  
Blogger tommyspoon said...

Forsooth, Hugh... ;-)

9:07 AM, March 08, 2006  
Blogger TeacherRefPoet said...

You'd think they'd get the stinking city of origin right, if nothing else...

7:32 PM, March 08, 2006  
Blogger Alison said...

A travel agent might be nice, but I am pretty sure that if my darling husband keeps accidentally referring to Port Columbus Airport as "Hopkins" (the name of the Cleveland airport), no travel agent will help.

I love you, honey ;-)

8:37 PM, March 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You keep changing flights at the last minute, you're never getting off that watch list.

11:40 PM, March 08, 2006  
Blogger Joe said...

TRP, thanks for assuming this is somehow Southwest's fault instead of mine for clicking the wrong button.

That's almost undoubtedly not what happened, but I do like that version of the story better.

10:11 AM, March 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home