Monday, January 30, 2006

I wish I was 18 again

It's fun to have a post office box instead of home mail delivery. It's like living with Monty Hall... every day, what's behind door number three? It's usually bills and junk mail. Sometimes it's a magazine or a postcard or a card. The canary yellow "package slip" always takes my breath away: is it a present? Did I buy something online? Is it just a lame oversized catalog?

Today, I went to the mailbox, to find my first ever credit card offer from the AARP. Which put me in the perfect frame of mind for the advertisement to come meet the new Board Certified Urologist at the hospital.

Great. So how was your Monday?

5 Comments:

Blogger TeacherRefPoet said...

It was fine. Still having a few problems with the voice, but teaching is going well. There's a light at the end of the certification tunnel.

I'm older than you, right?

1:06 AM, January 31, 2006  
Blogger John Burzynski said...

Good Lord...how old are you seasoned citizens????

;)

Great Monday...always a good Monday when you awaken and make it through a Monday without suffering a heart attack.

9:15 AM, January 31, 2006  
Blogger Joe said...

TRP: Glad to hear things are looking up. I think you're technically older than me, but by less than 12 months.

John: Oh, antiquated. I was almost born in the '60s.

11:08 AM, February 01, 2006  
Blogger tommyspoon said...

Dudes, I gotcha all beat. I am the Oldest Person Ever, according to my Sweetie.

Unlike Joe, I was born in the 1960s.

12:20 PM, February 01, 2006  
Blogger lemming said...

I'm younger than all of you, ha ha!

(ironic laughter)

My Monday was truly horrible but today's not that bad.

1:40 PM, February 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home