Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Things just keep getting better

Before I moved to Ohio, I did not know the difference between "butternut" and "dried hydrangea." I didn't even know they were Martha Stewart brand paint colors. I didn't know the difference between poppies and peonies. I did not use "product" in my hair. Dress shirts mostly came in white and light blue, and pants came in navy or khaki, and shoes were black. And I certainly didn't think about my "coloring" when I picked them.

OK, OK, I have a soft spot in my heart for the American musical theater. But I did not have a favorite Madonna song.

None of these things is any longer true.

There can only be one conclusion. Ohio is turning me into a Red Sox.

(To everyone who knew me in the late '80s through mid '90s... Johnny Damon's hair was what I was shooting for. Yes, I know I didn't hit it. Yes, I know I wasn't close.)

3 Comments:

Blogger TeacherRefPoet said...

What is your favorite Madonna song?

1:18 AM, June 10, 2005  
Blogger Joe said...

Ummmmmm... Ray of Light.

Dude, I'm gonna be captain of the Red Sox!

7:48 AM, June 10, 2005  
Blogger TeacherRefPoet said...

Sorry, wrong answer. To truly be a member of the Red Sox, you have to choose an early Madonna song.

Your answer has had you traded to the A's.

9:24 AM, June 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home