Thursday, May 26, 2005

Get up, stand up

I'm proud of my Republican Senators.

Mike DeWine signed the filibuster compromise. George Voinovich is fighting the good fight against the eminently unqualified (anti-qualified?) John Bolton. And they're both drawing fire from the radical right wing of their own party to do it.

So as soon as I post this, I'll be sending them each a supportive email. They need to know that they're not out there alone. There are centrists and lefties out here who appreciate their leadership. And we'll remember.

If you're an Ohioan (and I know two or three of you are), you should write them too. (And you should do it RIGHT NOW, especially if we want to stop Bolton.) And if you're not, you need to check up on your Senators and Representatives. If they're acting like statesmen, thank them. If they're not, tell them to get on the stick.

1 Comments:

Blogger lemming said...

Evan Bayh, D-IN, made lots of good points about the filibuter, too. I'm pleased.

I was very moved by Sen. V's emotion on the senate floor. Let's hear it for former governors who are now in the senate.

3:35 PM, May 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home