Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Really someone

Just a quick Googlebomb to Hugh's post about the exemplars of a class act: Camilla Cai, Harlene Marley, and Roy Wortman. It's been a privilege to meet these fine professors, and I'm very sorry to see them go. Each of them has impressed me as the kind of professor who would've motivated me to do my best... not just because they're excellent teachers, not just because I would've desired their approval, and not just because I would've been too terrified not to bust my butt, but that magic combination of all three.

I think the best comment I ever heard for a teacher was that he thought "more of us than we did ourselves. (It) made us both proud and vaguely uneasy."

2 Comments:

Blogger tommyspoon said...

I didn't have the pleasure of studying under Cai or Wortman, but Harlene Marley rocked the house. And the stage. And the dressing room. And the vom. And the light booth. And the ...

9:20 AM, May 03, 2005  
Blogger lemming said...

Having visited all three during office hours, I must give Wortman the nod for having the best office space.

2:03 PM, May 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home