Monday, January 12, 2009

Give me your answer do

Almost 4 years ago, we went out to Seattle for some friend's beautiful wedding. With some of our extra time in the city, we made a trip over to the Space Needle... not actually for the Needle, but for its neighbor, the Science Fiction Museum and Hall of Fame.

They've done a good job representing the villains of science fiction in the museum. Darth Vader. Klingons. Ming the Merciless. They had a special exhibit on the different representations of the Martians from War of the Worlds. They've got a full-size Alien, which is pretty cool. But there was one moment when I turned a corner, and met with evil eye-to-eye. I jumped right out of my skin.

And then Alison pet my hair gently and whispered that it's only a museum.

And I said "I probably work with computers too much."

Happy 17th birthday, HAL.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool. For my money, it's these two still make a little pee come out:

http://www.space.com/images/h_in_black_hole_maximilian_03,0.jpg

10:00 AM, January 13, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stupid internet. I was referring to Maximilian from the Black Hole, and the wacky evil scientist.

What was dad thinking when he took us to see that terrifying movie?

10:02 AM, January 13, 2009  
Blogger lemming said...

That's the first movie I ever saw on VHS. I don't remember much because I was just so boggled that it was posible to watch (gasp) a movie! In your home! Not on tv! No commercials! Ah how the world has changed.

8:21 PM, January 14, 2009  
Blogger Joe said...

My question is how did The Black Hole manage to be so boring in places and yet so terrifying in others?

Am I right that we eventually had a bunch of guys from G.I. Joe and Star Wars gang up and kick the snot out of Maximillian?

10:07 PM, January 14, 2009  
Blogger PETER MORICE said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:16 AM, June 08, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home