Sunday, January 01, 2006

What comes is better

Nice big pot of hoppin' john simmering on the stove. New haircut. Cleared a ton of space in the "throw stuff here" room. Washington won the NFC wild card. No hangover; no leaking roof. I'm having a pretty good feeling about this year, I don't mind telling you.

.....

Tom Bodett says there's no reason to take our small grudges with us into the New Year, and I think he's right. People will be plenty annoying anyway; might as well give them a clean slate. And, for that aggravating thing that you wish to hell I'd stop doing... I'm sorry.

.....

If you haven't read Good Omens, you really should. It's a cute little comedy about the Apocalypse. Crowley and Aziraphale are the demon and angel who realize that they rather like Earth, and have some interest in keeping their cold war from getting hot. Their New Year's Resolutions are online; it's probably worth it to check them out, just for your own safety. (Whichever side you're on.)

.....

And if Neil Gaiman can recycle his New Year's wish yet again, then so can I:

May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't to forget make some art -- write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home