Sunday, October 09, 2005

This is your song

I ran across this meme rather by accident, but I liked it, so I figured I'd give it some legs.

1. Pick one of your favorite blogs (not including your own; we'll get to that), and suggest a theme song for it. Explain.

2. If your blog (see, I told you) had a theme song, what would it be? Explain.

3. If your blogging career suddenly collapsed into a steaming mass of putrid refuse because of your inability to cope with its worldwide popularity, and your friends decided to try to revive your spirits by putting on a benefit concert, which musical artist(s) would you hope that they would invite? Explain.

Note that if you don't have a blog, you can still participate. Just substitute "job" for "blog" in question 2 and leave out "blogging" in question 3.

Question 1 took a while. But finally, I decided that there was a rock star who has been a teacher, and a poet, and for all I know a referee, and who has written temperate expressions of liberal ideas.

So my theme song for Various Observations in Written Form is Sting's Love is the Seventh Wave.

Question 2 is easy. I think of this blog as a place to be overeducated and intricate but still lead with my heart. So what sounds like that? Let's say U2's End of the World, or Talking Heads' Once in a Lifetime.

Unfortunately, the actual answer is probably some overeducated pompous blowhard piece of art-rock garbage by Yes.

Question 3: If?

Well, I'm going to say Sting, The Kinks, The Rolling Stones, Billy Joel, and Vinx. Because I've seen each of them more than once, and I figure they owe me. (Plus, Vinx actually deserves the PR from headlining JoeAid... one of the most electrifying performers I've ever seen.)

By the way, thanks for my 2500th (measured) hit - from someone using Verizon who linked in off of TRP's site.

1 Comments:

Blogger TeacherRefPoet said...

Honor to be associated with Sting, even though I hate some of his forced rhymes. If I do this meme, I reserve the right to use your song.

And how cool would it be if I showed up for my season-opener next month and found Mr. Sumner was my partner?

Every river on the ocean
Every leaf on every tree
Every sand dune in the desert
Every breath you take with me

Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every cake you bake
Every leg you break...

11:54 AM, October 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home